- Yamaha BYZ 401 1982
- Yamaha BYZ 501. 1982
- Centurion Spider-1 1982 (#1)
- Centurion Spider-1 1982 (#2)
- Kuwahara LaserLite 1982
- Kuwahara E.T. Coaster. 1982
- Kuwahara E.T. Original. 1983
- Kuwahara E.T. Original “gold” 1983
- Haro Freestyler 1′st gen. 1983
- Kuwahara LaserLite. 1983
- Kuwahara Nova 1983 – Blue
- Kuwahara Nova 1983 – Black
- Tioga Rhino 1984
- Kuwahara Exhibitionist. 1984
- Hutch TrickStar 1984
- Redline PL-20 1984
- Mongoose Grand Prix 1984
- Hodaka Golden Goose. 1984
- GT Mach One. 1985
- MT-Racing Trickfox. 1985
- Haro Group1 RS3. 1986
- Haro Team Sport. 1987
- Kuwahara Magician EX 1987
- Jaggazaki 24″ cruiser. 1987
- Dyno Slammer Team. 1990
- ECM Bulldozer. 1991
- S&M Dirt Bike 1992
- Powerlite P-51. 1992
- Yamaha BYZ catalog 1982?
- KUWAHARA Dutch 1983 catalog
- Schauff advert 1983?
- TAN AB – KUWAHARA 1984 catalog
- Teknik För Alla #10 1984
- MT-Racing 1984 catalog
- MT-Racing THE FOX advert 1984?
- Teknik För Alla. #4 1985
- CRESCENT CMX 1984? catalog
- REGENT Skyline 1984? advert
- VARTEX 1984? advert
- PUCH 1984? advert
- PUCH 1984? catalog
- Jaggazaki catalog 1985
- TWS catalogs and price list 1985
- DYNO 1986 catalog
- GT 1986 catalog
- MT-Racing Trickfox 1986 advert
- BULLSEYE advert
- KUWAHARA Sweden 1988 advert
- DYNO 1989 catalog
- GT 1989 catalog
- ROBINSON 1989 catalog
- GT/DYNO 1992 catalog
- HARO 1992 catalog
- REDLINE 1992 catalog
- HARO 1994 catalog
- GT/DYNO 1995 catalog
- Standard Byke Co 1995 catalog
- KHE 1995? catalog
- KHE 1996? catalog
Kuwahara E.T. Original. 1983
Kuwahara made several models of the E.T. bikes and this one is the top of the line model called “Kuwahara E.T. Original”. It’s the holy grail for many BMX old school collectors. It took me over a year to collect all the correct parts for the bike. For 2013, I have updated the bike to be more perfect.
I found the Tange HotHeart frame (same as Kuwahara E.T. Original, except for the heart-shaped hole in front gusset) in France and the heart-shaped hole have been filed to correct round shape. I got the Ukai Speedline rims from an 1986 GT Pro Series and they have been powdercoated in semi gloss black and the silver stripes was filled in by hand with a silver-pen. The hubs was also powdercoated in semi gloss black. I found the IRC tires at the French Ebay, but unfortunately both of them are in the size of 2.125¨ (instead of a staggered set of 2.125¨ in front and 1.75¨ in rear).
The NOS (new old stock) Elina seat (in all black without the lightning bolts) was the most difficult part to find.
Updated list for 2013:
• New frame – Tange HotHeart 1983, refurbished and then powder coated in white by “Barspin-Danne”, then painted with 2-components car paint in “pearl cherry red” and several layers of clear coat. High quality repop decals from Frog in France.
• Mint Hatta bottom bracket, looseball bearings, silver/chrome.
• NOS Sugino chain ring bolts, chrome.
• Mint Hatta headset, chrome.
• Mint Sugino 178mm cranks (stamped 1982), chrome.
• Mint Dia-Compe brake pads, black.
• NOS genuine bolts for the Sugino stem, black.
A big thanks to Barspin-Danne for the powdercoating!
|FRAME||1983 Tange HotHeart. Pearl cherry red/white.|
|FORK||Tange Champion 1¨ threaded. Pearl cherry red.|
|HANDLEBAR||WIN V-bar. Chrome. (NOS)|
|HEADSET||Hatta 1¨ threaded. Chrome.|
|GRIPS||O.G.K. Black (NOS)|
|CRANKS||Sugino 1-piece 178mm. Chrome.|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Hatta looseball bearings. Chrome.|
|CHAINRING||Sugino 44T. Black anodized. (NOS)|
|SPIDER||Sugino. Chrome. (NOS)|
|CHAINRING BOLTS||Sugino (stamped). Chrome. (NOS)|
|PEDALS||KKT AMX 1/2¨. Black. (NOS)|
|CHAIN||D.I.D. 1/8¨. Black. (NOS)|
|SEAT||Elina MX. Black. (NOS)|
|SEAT POST||Aluminum fluted 22.2mm. Black anodized. (NOS)|
|SEAT POST CLAMP||SunTour Arrow. Silver.|
|REAR BRAKE||Dia-Compe 890. Black.|
|BRAKE PADS||Dia-Compe. Black.|
|BRAKE LEVER||Dia-Compe Tech-2. Black. (NOS)|
|BRAKE CABLE||Dia-Compe. Black. (NOS)|
|RIMS||Ukai Speedline 36H. Black.|
|HUBS||High flange. Front; SunTour, rear; SR. 36H. Loose ball bearings. Black.|
|SPOKES/NIPPLES||Chrome 194mm spokes. Chrome brass nipples. (NOS)|
|FREEWHEEL||SunTour 16T. Chrome/black.|
|TIRES||IRC BMX Racer skinwall. 2.125¨ front and rear. Black. (Front is NOS)|
|DECALS||Kuwahara E.T. repop decals from France.|